Today, Matt invites Adam Carolla to the studio to talk about taking responsibility, getting more done, and the story of his own personal Do Over. After a chaotic early childhood, Adam sailed right into 30 years of what he calls missed opportunities. He was broke and wasting years of his life not living up to his potential in jobs such as digging ditches and cleaning carpets.
But armed with resiliency, a healthy dose of fear, and a drive to solidify his legacy, Adam Carolla turned his life around. Now, as a sort of poster child for those clawing their way to the top, Carolla is a successful comedian, podcaster, radio personality, television host, actor and New York Times best-selling author.
One of the most motivational episodes of Do Over to date, this episode should be watched with a pen and paper in hand because Adam drops several truth bombs and offers actionable advice for those ready to launch their own Do Overs. Enjoy!
Get a FREE autographed copy of Adam Carolla’s book, Not Taco Bell Material, by doing the following:
- Subscribe to this podcast by going to YourDoOver.com and clicking the subscribe button in iTunes.
- Leave a rating and review of what you liked best about Adam’s interview.
- Send an email to [email protected] with “Adam” in the subject line and include your mailing address.
Just 25 copies available. First come, first served!
What You’ll Learn:
- The importance of properly labeling events in your life; and
- How this allows for appropriate behavior modification.
- Why Adam is busy internalizing events; and
- The problem with externalizing problems in your life.
- What’s currently going on in Adam’s life; and
- Why they tend to feel like obligations rather than victories.
- Adam’s advice for getting things done when you have a hectic schedule.
- Where Adam believes his incredible work ethic comes from.
- How he was able to write a book during his commutes for Spike TV.
- What prompted Adam Carolla’s personal Do Over.
- How Adam used resilience, legacy, and fear to bounce back from personal and professional losses.
- The difference between being led by fear and living in fear.
- What Adam means when he says “Nothing motivates me.”
- How people like Elon Musk and Gale Banks inspire Adam.
- Why he got involved in creating his motivational segments, Take a Knee.
- Adam’s practical advice for those looking to get up and start over again.
- Why Adam is willing to take a leap without focusing on whether or not his venture will work out.
[Tweet “Only by internalizing struggles instead of blaming others are you #Free #TruthBomb @adamcarolla”]
[Tweet ““I realized I’m going to have to hit the road to make ends meet” – @adamcarolla on his #DoOver”]
[Tweet “Learn why @adamcarolla recommends walking to classical music to people starting their #DoOver.”]
Recommended Resources For This Podcast:
- WIN IT!!! For every iTunes review you leave on a Theriault Media Podcast (Do Over, Epic Real Estate Investing, Turnkey Real Estate Investing, Hold That House, and Body Do Over), you will be entered to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card given away on each show in the month of December! Good luck!
- Get your Do Over started by downloading The 3 Pillars of Creating the Ultimate Do Over at FreeDoOver.com.
- Pay what you want for the book that started it all, Do Over.
- NEW!! Get access to fast cash for your Do Over with our unique credit-based funding program at DoOverFunding.com.
- If you have a question, comment, or concern reach out to Matt at [email protected].
- President Me: The America That’s in My Head
- Road Hard
- Winning: The Racing Life Of Paul Newman
- Catch a Contractor
- Adam Carolla’s Mangria
- The Adam Carolla Show
- Daddy, Stop Talking!: And Other Things My Kids Want But Won’t Be Getting
- Bald Bryan Bishop and Shrinkage | DO 117
- Take a Knee episodes of The Adam Carolla Show
- Not Taco Bell Material
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Your Do Over podcast. Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!