Matt chats with Freedom Fastlane’s Ryan Moran and discusses another perspective on financial freedom and escaping the “rat race.” Ryan’s motto is “live life to the fullest.” And, he certainly lives up to the challenge. He owns a consulting practice, yoga products business, men’s supplement company, a restaurant in Ohio, his real estate investments, and he runs FreedomFastLane.com and a podcast of the same name.
If you are lacking in the motivation department, you won’t be for long. Seriously, grab a pen and paper for this can’t-miss episode!
What You’ll Learn:
- Why Ryan believes that the soon people will be required to become entrepreneurs to achieve financial independence.
- The business Ryan started at 18 that paid his college tuition.
- Ryan’s story of losing his happiness, health, fiancé, and income in 6 months; and
- What the experience taught him about life.
- How Ryan defines “rock bottom” and what his rock bottom was.
- Why he journals every day, and how he began the habit.
- The reason Ryan informed friends, family, and mentors of his renewed purpose.
- How to use your purpose as a lens through which to view life.
- Why Ryan decided he would say “yes” to all social invitations.
- The importance of community; and
- How the natural phases of life lend themselves to different behaviors within the community.
- How Ryan developed his community.
- Why you should be mindful of the emotion that you put out into the world.
- How the food you eat directly influences your financial output.
- Why you should shift your focus to the next goal, not the ultimate goal.
- What Ryan suggests as the first step in any new business.
- Why you should be focusing on only 1-2 income-generating activities; and
- The 2 questions to ask yourself if you don’t know which activities to focus on.
- Ryan’s two role models.
Your life is not separate. You cannot have a good financial life when the rest of your life is out of whack! [Click to Tweet]
If you aren’t doing the things you love and plan to do once you “make it,” you’re doomed to fail! [Click to Tweet]
Avoid the temptation to believe “the world is happening to me.” You are not a victim. [Click to Tweet]
Success and happiness come as the result of small practices each day that compound on top of each other. [Click to Tweet]
“In order to make $100M you’ve got to make $1M first.” – Ryan Moran [Click to Tweet]
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast:
- WIN IT!!! For every iTunes review you leave on a Theriault Media Podcast (Do Over, Epic Real Estate Investing, Turnkey Real Estate Investing, Hold That House, and Body Do Over), you will be entered to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card given away on each show in the month of December! Good luck!
- Get your Do Over started by downloading The 3 Pillars of Creating the Ultimate Do Over at FreeDoOver.com.
- Pay what you want for the book that started it all, Do Over.
- NEW!! Get access to fast cash for your Do Over with our unique credit-based funding program at DoOverFunding.com.
- If you have a question, comment, or concern reach out to Matt at [email protected].
- Freedom Fastlane Podcast
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline
- The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness
- DO 93: Jeff Olson and the Slight Edge Philosophy, It’s a Game Changer!
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Your Do Over podcast. Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!