We’ve set the goals. We’ve got the action plan. But something’s still missing. On today’s episode of the Do Over podcast, Matt shares the final piece of the puzzle that could make or break your personal do over.
Also on today’s episode, Matt is joined by real estate mogul and star of ABC’s Shark Tank, Barbara Corcoran. Matt and Barbara chat about Shark Tank, entrepreneurship, and the future of real estate investing. So grab your pen because this may be the best interview yet!
Barbara’s message is clear. She spells out exactly what you need to do to launch a successful business, real estate or otherwise. And it begins with just getting started. As Matt always says, travel as far as you can see and when you get there, you’ll see further.
What You’ll Learn:
- What will help you to be successful in your do over.
- How to impact your “do over”results by shifting your behaviors.
- The lesson you can learn from your desire to win an argument.
- How to easily change your emotions regarding a negative situation.
- How to reach your desired outcome with fewer action steps; and
- The 3 questions to ask yourself to revise your action plan.
- The bumpy journey to success of ABC’s hit show, Shark Tank.
- Why Barbara Corcoran almost lost her slot on the show before it ever began filming.
- What she would do differently if she were to start over.
- Why youth is an advantage when it comes to entrepreneurship.
- The mentor that made everything possible.
- Why Barbara values lifelong learning and “staying sharp.”
- The qualities that Barbara looks for in an entrepreneur before she will invest a great deal of time in them.
- With whom she spends most of her time.
- How she hires the people that work for her; and
- Why it has more to do with attitude that specific skills.
- Where Barbara thinks the real estate market is going; and
- How she believes that real estate investors have helped pull areas of America out of the depression.
- The ripest, but highly underrated investment market.
- What Barbara has learned about identifying a great business.
- Why only 2 of 3 deals reached on Shark Tank actually close; and
- The two most common reasons that a shark will withdraw their offer during due diligence.
- How to avoid misjudgment and poor money management when you have limited funds to invest.
- What you must know about your company before launching a business idea.
- Barbara’s secret for staying on top.
Instead of winning arguments, resolve arguments. [Click to Tweet]
Intentionally create your environment – start with role models, coaches, and masterminds. [Click to Tweet]
Don’t let your action plan distract you from your goals! [Click to Tweet]
“The great majority of successful businesses have started very young in life.” – Barbara Corcoran [Click to Tweet]
Operating from a state of confidence rather than fear is contagious. [Click to Tweet]
“If you take a great person and stick them in any job, they do a great job.” – Barbara Corcoran [Click to Tweet]
“The best way to make money is to stick to your knitting and invest in your own ballpark.” – Barbara Corcoran [Click to Tweet]
Barbara Corcoran’s credentials include straight D’s in high school and college and twenty jobs by the time she turned twenty-three. It was her next job that would make her one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the country when she took a $1000 loan to start The Corcoran Group. As one of the “sharks” on ABC’s hit TV show, Shark Tank, Barbara has ponied up her own money and invested in twenty-two businesses, competing to make those deals for all to see, then shepherding them to success.
Shark Tank, entrepreneurship, real estate investing
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast:
- WIN IT!!! For every iTunes review you leave on a Theriault Media Podcast (Do Over, Epic Real Estate Investing, Turnkey Real Estate Investing, Hold That House, and Body Do Over), you will be entered to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card given away on each show in the month of December! Good luck!
- Get your Do Over started by downloading The 3 Pillars of Creating the Ultimate Do Over at FreeDoOver.com.
- Pay what you want for the book that started it all, Do Over.
- NEW!! Get access to fast cash for your Do Over with our unique credit-based funding program at DoOverFunding.com.
- If you have a question, comment, or concern reach out to Matt at [email protected].
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Your Do Over podcast. Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!