Today Matt shares a “do over” lesson from the ancient wisdom of the Samurai warrior. This story reinforces the lessons we learned on last week’s episode.
Additionally, he reveals an overlooked place where you may discover your next BIG opportunity. It doesn’t involve a new business idea or marketing plan, but careful introspection of your current business and processes. Matt shares a portion of Earl Nightingale’s Lead the Field program to teach us not to spend our time chasing the next shiny object, but rather to maximize the resources and circumstances we have currently.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to stop yourself from making impulsive decisions out of fear or anger.
- Why you should always be looking for other options.
- Where to turn if you haven’t been able to find a great role model or mentor.
- Why you should take time to study and prepare yourself to reach your goals.
- The importance of thoroughly examining our own skills and circumstances.
- Why you should stop playing copycat with others.
- The benefit of looking at your work through a stranger’s eyes.
- The difference between a real estate professional and a tour guide.
- What intelligent objectivity is; and
- Why and how you need to cultivate it.
- Why you shouldn’t fear risk, but accept it as necessary to advancement.
- How to use visualization to keep focused on your goals during hardships.
“Your mind is your richest resource. Let it thoroughly explore the possibilities of what you’re presently doing.” –Earl Nightingale [Click to Tweet]
Use intelligent objectivity to discover your next big opportunity! [Click to Tweet]
There are always better ways to do the work that you are currently doing. [Click to Tweet]
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast:
- WIN IT!!! For every iTunes review you leave on a Theriault Media Podcast (Do Over, Epic Real Estate Investing, Turnkey Real Estate Investing, Hold That House, and Body Do Over), you will be entered to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card given away on each show in the month of December! Good luck!
- Get your Do Over started by downloading The 3 Pillars of Creating the Ultimate Do Over at FreeDoOver.com.
- Pay what you want for the book that started it all, Do Over.
- NEW!! Get access to fast cash for your Do Over with our unique credit-based funding program at DoOverFunding.com.
- If you have a question, comment, or concern reach out to Matt at [email protected].
- DO 99: Bill Baren and What it Takes to Break Through
- DO 104: What Your Do Over is Missing, and Shark Tank’s Barbara Corcoran
- Lead the Field by Earl Nightingale
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Your Do Over podcast. Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!