Friend of the show, Scott Duffy, joins Matt today to discuss his new book Launch! Scott has helped millions of entrepreneurs successfully launch new businesses, products, and services. So if you have the entrepreneurial itch and can’t figure out how to get started, this interview can’t be missed.
The two discuss the changing landscape of business, how to get honest feedback for your product, how Scott has been able to meet such influential people, and more. The podcast ends with the importance of open communication and goal setting with your family. Enjoy!
What You’ll Learn:
- Why the first 90 days of a startup are so critical; and
- How to use this time to really gauge the possibilities of your business.
- How Launch is unlike your standard “How to start a business” book.
- Why it is critical that your personal life is in order before you launch your business.
- Who the book is written for.
- How Scott’s daughters helped him to overcome writer’s block.
- How business and competition have changed over the last few decades; and
- Why big businesses have to become more entrepreneurial to survive.
- The most common problem that Scott sees new entrepreneurs make.
- What successful entrepreneurs always have in common.
- How to determine what your natural strengths are.
- The biggest lesson that Scott learned from Tony Robbins, Sir Richard Branson, and MC Hammer; and
- How he’s been able to rub elbows with such influential people.
- The only part of starting a business where you have perfect information.
- Why it’s important to remember you can “change your book.”
- What Scott’s current vision is for his own business.
- Who your chief venting officer is.
- How to support your significant other while starting your business.
- The importance of having a spouse “retreat” every year.
[Tweet “The playing field of business isn’t just level, it’s tipped in favor of the agile #entrepreneur.”]
[Tweet “The #Launch strategy forces the #entrepreneur to focus on their product within #90Days.”]
[Tweet “Successful #entrepreneurs focus on their #strengths and hire their #weaknesses.”]
[Tweet “#Relationship leads to #Connectedness leads to #Authenticity leads to #Possibility”]
- Go to iTunes and leave a comment about what you learned from Scott Duffy.
- Send an email to [email protected] with the subject “Launch” (If you’ve already left a review, go ahead and email and let Matt know!)
- The first 20 people to respond will get an autographed copy of the book!
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast:
- Get your Do Over started by downloading The 3 Pillars of Creating the Ultimate Do Over at FreeDoOver.com.
- Say goodbye to your favorite podcasters. It’s the end of podcasting as you know it. Please consider donating to the cause to keep podcasts alive by visiting https://fundanything.com/patenttroll
- Launch!: The Critical 90 Days from Idea to Market
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Your Do Over podcast. Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!