Most people spend more time planning their summer vacation than they do their lives. On this episode, Matt puts a stop to the madness as he walks you through the step-by-step process of creating your personal roadmap to financial freedom.
Each and every listener that chooses to participate in this life-changing exercise will walk away with amazing clarity around how simple it is to achieve their financial freedom.
Today’s episode is part 4 of our Freedom Possible Series. If you haven’t already done so, be sure to check out the previous episodes in the series:
5 Important Lessons from the Episode:
|1||In creating your roadmap to financial freedom, it is helpful to start with the end in mind. If you haven’t already, go back and complete the exercise in episode #68 so that you can come up with your ultimate financial freedom number.|
|2||After your roadmap is complete, remove your focus from the end goal. Your full concentration should instead be solely on achieving your first minorstone.|
|3||Your daily to-do list should reflect your roadmap by including small, manageable actions that bring you closer to the next major or minorstone on your list.|
|4||The success cycle starts with confidence, which leads to activity, which leads to results, which leads to success, which leads to more confidence. This is the power of small daily successes; they breed more success for tomorrow. Get yourself on the success cycle.|
|5||Once you’ve completed your roadmap and begun following it to financial freedom, know that it is okay to get off course occasionally. Just make a note of what didn’t work, and make an adjustment to your roadmap. Remember your roadmap is a work in progress.|
What You’ll Learn:
- Why focusing on what won’t work will almost certainly prevent you from achieving financial freedom.
- Why it is critical that you take time from your busy life to complete the life-changing exercise in this episode.
- What it means to move at the speed of instruction.
- Why starting with the end goal in mind allows you to create a more accurate roadmap.
- The temptation that can steal your focus and motivation to get started.
- How to use your roadmap in parallel with your daily to-do list.
- How to use the success cycle to gain momentum and achieve your goals faster than you ever thought possible.
- The secret to making progress and staying on the success cycle.
- Why getting off course can actually be a blessing.
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast:
- Get started on your own “do over” by downloading “The 3 Pillars of Creating the Ultimate Do Over” at FreeDoOver.com
- Please email Matt directly at [email protected] with any questions or concerns you have about the material in today’s episode.
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Your Do Over podcast. Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!