Matt is joined, via phone, by repeat guest Mr. Greg S. Reid of the Napoleon Hill Foundation. With a far reach from the Law of Attraction to “exact science,” Greg shares the secrets of his success in business.
Greg will teach you how to grow a long-lasting business, a powerful network, and a happy life. If you are new to the Freedom Possible series, get caught up via the following links:
5 Important Lessons From This Episode:
|1||Greg and Matt agree that the key to success all boils down to mentorship. If you wish to become financially free, seek competent counsel from someone who has done it before you. If you act on their suggestions you are all but guaranteed to meet your goals.|
|2||The science behind the “Secret” is the Reticular Activating System (RAS). The things you want most in life are already there, you just need to tune in to them. To do that, simply decide very clearly what it is that you are looking for.|
|3||The best way to honor your advisors (formal or otherwise) is to take their advice. If you are able to follow up with someone and tell them how you’ve followed their advice and how it’s affected your life, the odds of that person offering you more valuable advice is extremely high.|
|4||Seek counsel, but do not ask for opinions. Opinions are based on ignorance, lack of knowledge, and inexperience. Counsel is based on wisdom, knowledge, and experience. For some, this may mean not taking advice from friends and family.|
|5||You must be willing to delegate responsibility if you want to grow a thriving business. Greg suggests working your strengths and hiring your weaknesses. Do less of what you tolerate, more of what you love, and none of what you hate.|
What You’ll Learn:
- The sign of a good mentor; and
- How to go out and find them.
- Why it is a good idea to have multiple mentors in your lives.
- How to get a favorable response when reaching out to successful people.
- Why the most successful people are the most available people.
- Why you should never ask for advice you don’t plan on applying.
- How Greg built the amazing network that he has.
- Why you should surround yourself with the best of the best.
- Why you should avoid opinions like the plague.
- Why you shouldn’t start a business based on your interests; and
- What you should base your business on if you want long-lasting success.
- How you know which tasks to delegate and what to do yourself.
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast:
- Get your Do Over started by downloading The 3 Pillars of Creating the Ultimate Do Over at FreeDoOver.com
- DO 063 : Life is a People Business with Greg S. Reid
- To stay current with and/or contact Greg Reid, go to BookGreg.com
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us
by Seth Godin
- David Neeleman Profiled: Bloomberg Risk Takers
- Happy Test App
- Think and Grow Rich “Stickability”: The Power of Perseverance
by Greg S. Reid and The Napoleon Hill Foundation
- [email protected]
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Your Do Over podcast. Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!