Today Matt is joined by Mr. Kelly Perdew for a can’t-miss interview for those wishing to secure their own financial freedom. After winning the second season of the NBC hit show, The Apprentice, Kelly spent 2005 as an Executive Vice President in the Trump Organization, where he managed several projects. Kelly earned a BS from the US Military Academy, West Point, a JD from the UCLA School of Law, and an MBA from the Anderson School at UCLA.
This episode will hit a lot on the character and mindset needed to be successful, not only in business, but in life. This interview is part of a series called Freedom Possible, so if you haven’t yet done so, please listen to our previous episodes:
Kelly’s 10 Leadership Principles for Success:
- Integrity: Take the harder right over the easier wrong.
- Duty: Do what you’re supposed to do, when you’re supposed to do it.
- Passion: Be passionate about what you do, or do what you’re passionate about.
- Impeccability: If it is worth doing, it is worth doing right.
- Teamwork: There is no “I” in TEAM.
- Selfless Services: Give back.
- Planning: Fail to plan, plan to fail.
- Loyalty: Up, down, and across your organization.
- Perseverance: It’s not the size of the dog in the fight; it’s the size of the fight in the dog.
- Flexibility: The person with the most varied responses wins.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why good storytelling is important in business.
- How starting a business is much like producing a movie.
- Why integrity is his number one business principle.
- The value in underpromising and overdelivering.
- How to manage expectations as an employer.
- What to look for in advisory board members.
- Why offering employees the risk and reward of your business is a good idea.
- How to know which business ideas to follow through with.
- What a minimum viable product (MVP) is; and
- Why you should utilize it in your start-up.
- How to sell your product before it is completed.
- What Kelly’s biggest takeaway from working with Donald Trump.
- Why you should learn when and how to use the media.
- How to control your emotions; and
- Why doing so can give you an advantage over your competition.
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast:
- Get your Do Over started by downloading The 3 Pillars of Creating the Ultimate Do Over at FreeDoOver.com
- Take Command: 10 Leadership Principles I Learned in the Military and Put to Work for Donald Trump
by Kelly Perdew
- If by Rudyard Kipling
- Contact Kelly via LinkedIn.com
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Your Do Over podcast. Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!