Recently, Matt was able to connect with Stacey Poon-Kinney, Food Network Star, to discuss her roller coaster ride with Restaurant: Impossible host, Robert Irvine, as well as her simple secrets for success, her setbacks, and more success!
Stacey’s story will inspire you to take risks, work your network, and follow your dreams. And the next time you’re in San Diego, be sure to stop by Stacey’s restaurant, The Trails Neighborhood Eatery, as featured on Restaurant: Impossible.
What You’ll Learn:
- How Stacey learned about the opportunity and applied to Restaurant Impossible.
- How Stacey knew that she should get out of her previous two businesses before they failed.
- Why she chose to go into the competitive restaurant industry.
- Why Stacey considers her biggest strength her ability to hire; and
- The reason she hires personalities, not skills.
- What projecting mistake she made when expanding her business.
- Why you should be concerned with your parking lot when running a business.
- What keeps you in the business when you feel like you want to leave.
- The importance of inspiring frequency in your business.
- Which piece of Robert’s advice Stacey decided to avoid.
- The difference between a mentor and an advisor.
- Why Stacey recommends everyone has a mentor for different areas of their lives.
- Why Stacey believes most of her failures stem from her hatred of developing systems.
- The reason Stacey believes just getting out of bed in the morning is a success.
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast:
- WIN IT!!! For every iTunes review you leave on a Theriault Media Podcast (Do Over, Epic Real Estate Investing, Turnkey Real Estate Investing, Hold That House, and Body Do Over), you will be entered to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card given away on each show in the month of December! Good luck!
- Get your Do Over started by downloading The 3 Pillars of Creating the Ultimate Do Over at FreeDoOver.com.
- Pay what you want for the book that started it all, Do Over.
- NEW!! Get access to fast cash for your Do Over with our unique credit-based funding program at DoOverFunding.com.
- If you have a question, comment, or concern reach out to Matt at [email protected].
- Restaurant: Impossible
- Food Star
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Your Do Over podcast. Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!