Music industry veteran, Rick Barker, shares with Matt his “do over” after 15 years in radio that lead to his meteoric rise in the music industry as manager of Taylor Swift. This isn’t your normal “reinvention” story. Listen in and prepare to be inspired as well as entertained.
To learn more about Rick Barker and his new Music Industry Blueprint, go to MusicIndustryBlueprint.com.
What You’ll Learn:
- How Rick got started in the music industry.
- Why Rick was chosen to work in artist development.
- The reason Rick started with the question “What do you want?”
- Why Taylor’s parents chose Rick as a manager, even though he had no experience.
- What Rick believes lead to then-unknown Taylor Swift’s success.
- Why Rick left the job as Taylor’s manager.
- Why comfort may be your enemy.
- The biggest lesson that Rick took away from working with Taylor.
- How to avoid getting caught up in distractions.
- Why you should only focus on the things you can control.
- What you need to know about Rick’s new venture, Music Industry Blueprint.
- The benefit of building credibility by offering value.
- How to use social media in the most responsible way.
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast:
- WIN IT!!! For every iTunes review you leave on a Theriault Media Podcast (Do Over, Epic Real Estate Investing, Turnkey Real Estate Investing, Hold That House, and Body Do Over), you will be entered to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card given away on each show in the month of December! Good luck!
- Get your Do Over started by downloading The 3 Pillars of Creating the Ultimate Do Over at FreeDoOver.com.
- Pay what you want for the book that started it all, Do Over.
- NEW!! Get access to fast cash for your Do Over with our unique credit-based funding program at DoOverFunding.com.
- If you have a question, comment, or concern reach out to Matt at [email protected].
- To learn more about Rick Barker and his new Music Industry Blueprint, go to MusicIndustryBlueprint.com.
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Your Do Over podcast. Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!