On today’s episode, Bob Burg, bestselling author and speaker, joins Matt to discuss his most successful book, The Go-Giver, and his newest book, Adversaries into Allies. Both books provide powerful lessons for successfully navigating your do over. In fact, Matt credits the strategies he learned from The Go-Giver for his incredible financial and business achievements.
“How far can you ‘push a rope’? Not very far. That’s why true influencers don’t push.” – Bob Burg
What You’ll Learn:
- What it means to give to others; and
- Why you should make giving a focus within your business.
- The power of creating systems within your business and your life.
- How Bob used personal development materials to build himself up.
- The job the Matt and Bob believes everyone should try in their lives.
- What the Law of Authenticity is; and
- Why many people don’t present themselves authentically.
- How to understand our own value.
- The relationship between transparency and authenticity.
- Why you should not fear failure in your do over.
- Why it can be challenging for some to celebrate their successes; and
- What that may be a sign of.
- How Bob defines an adversary.
- The difference between influence and manipulation; and
- How to avoid the latter.
- The long term results of manipulation; and
- How they are drastically different from the results of persuasion.
- What it means to set a positive frame; and
- How you can use that frame to avoid creating adversaries.
- The power of a genuine smile.
- The skill you need to develop if you want to turn a negative situation into a positive one.
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast:
- WIN IT!!! For every iTunes review you leave on a Theriault Media Podcast (Do Over, Epic Real Estate Investing, Turnkey Real Estate Investing, Hold That House, and Body Do Over), you will be entered to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card given away on each show in the month of December! Good luck!
- Get your Do Over started by downloading The 3 Pillars of Creating the Ultimate Do Over at FreeDoOver.com.
- Pay what you want for the book that started it all, Do Over.
- NEW!! Get access to fast cash for your Do Over with our unique credit-based funding program at DoOverFunding.com.
- If you have a question, comment, or concern reach out to Matt at [email protected].
- Adversaries into Allies: Win People Over Without Manipulation or Coercion
- Endless Referrals, Third Edition
- The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea
- Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Your Do Over podcast. Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!