You’ve tried the straight-and-narrow path already. You went to school. You got a job. You’ve done the “responsible thing.”
And it was good… for a while.
Now “the responsible thing” kind of sucks. You’ve been led astray and your life is mediocre. What happened to all those dreams you used to have?
What you need is a real cure and that starts today with the Do Over Guy’s discussion with business jumpstarting expert, Laurel Staples. If the path you’re on doesn’t seem to be leading you to your dream destination, you won’t want to miss this episode!
What You’ll Learn:
- Why Laurel decided to leave the corporate world; and
- How she knew it was time for her to do so.
- The lessons learned from her opening a retail store the month the recession began.
- Why starting a business based on your passions may not be satisfying; and
- What you should center your business around instead.
- Why being attached to your idea is not necessarily a good thing.
- The importance of adding value when starting a business.
- Why you should test your market.
- How to decide which activities should be your priority in your business.
- Why logos and business cards don’t really matter.
- How Laurel was able to create a lot of buzz around her photography business.
- Why you need to find a connector in your business.
- When you should start working on your new business idea.
- The importance of becoming a marketer for your business; and
- How to learn how to do powerful marketing campaigns.
- The biggest thing that holds people back from starting their dreams.
They don’t have Entrepreneur Fairs in College [Click to Tweet]
Forget the logos and biz cards. Entrepreneurs should do THIS first… [Click to Tweet]
If you are an entrepreneur, you have to be a marketer. [Click to Tweet]
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast:
- WIN IT!!! For every iTunes review you leave on a Theriault Media Podcast (Do Over, Epic Real Estate Investing, Turnkey Real Estate Investing, Hold That House, and Body Do Over), you will be entered to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card given away on each show in the month of December! Good luck!
- Get your Do Over started by downloading The 3 Pillars of Creating the Ultimate Do Over at FreeDoOver.com.
- Pay what you want for the book that started it all, Do Over.
- NEW!! Get access to fast cash for your Do Over with our unique credit-based funding program at DoOverFunding.com.
- If you have a question, comment, or concern reach out to Matt at [email protected].
- DO 88: Rick Barker and Lessons Learned from Working with Taylor Swift
- Go Fire Yourself Podcast
- Go Fire Yourself Small Business Toolbox
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Your Do Over podcast. Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!